PHP Classes

Good basic info

Recommend this page to a friend!

Wicked Cool PHP: Real-World Scripts That Solve Difficult Problems  >  All threads  >  Good basic info  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Good basic info
Summary:Excellent fundamentals - but be careful!
Author:Jeff Riedl
Date:2008-08-19 17:32:42
Update:2010-04-12 16:28:00

1. Good basic info   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jeff Riedl Jeff Riedl - 2008-08-19 18:28:30
I believe this book does a really solid job of laying out the fundamentals - particularly in regard to security and data integrity. Be careful, though, as the scripts included are at times buggy and websites referred to often do not exist, do not load, or have been moved. (Smarty & safeHTML to name a couple.)

Sadly, I have not yet found where we can report errata for this book and I don't see where a user can check for updated information. Perhaps there are other books which do a little better job of keeping readers up to date.

2. Re: Good basic info   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Daniel Padolsky Daniel Padolsky - 2010-04-12 16:28:00 - In reply to message 1 from Jeff Riedl
I was wondering if you could help me. I really want to learn how to write these PHP classes, but I don't know where to start. Can you recommend a book or a website that can help me? Or something? I've been using PHP for about 2 years now, so I'm not a beginner but I can't seem to grasp how to write classes. Thanks.